Alright... its one day after 18th YISS, i woke up feeling extremely refreshed ready to do my all for God.WHoo~ But first, let me give a testimony of the 4 days spent there.. its gonna be a little long, so non-christians pls bear with it or u can totally ignore this post.
PART I
For the last few months, I have been living a tiring life, trying to carry all burdens and problems on my own shoulders. I jus refused to surrender problems to God becos i never wanted to treat Him as a wishing well, praying to Him to solve my problems. I jus want to maintain a unique relationship with Him, keep it free of conditions attached. I guess what was supposed to be of good intention turned out to be sth that drew me away from God. As i carried on with my life, trying my best to handle things in my own way, I began to feel a sense of pride in me, thinking that i could do without God. Even when problems were too much to bear and i became worn out, i simply refused to seek help from Him. This was how stubborn and proud i became. And so, i went to the camp feeling really worn out and drained. Prayer Walk was the first thing the intercessory team had to carry out. I must admit, it gets really frustrating when people around me could feel the presence of God but couldnt feel anything except the coldness of the weather. I start to wonder if intercessory was meant for me as i felt i could not contribute much. Then came day 1 Praise and Worship session. It started of with the usual praise and upbeat songs, so i jus sang and praise like the people around me. But deep inside, i didnt feel that there was anything for me to be happy about. But when the worship songs came, my feelings began to be stirred by the melody of the song. So the emotional me, began to tear. Suddenly i felt this nudging urge to bury in God's embrace. This was the first intimate experience with God after so many months. Suddenly the obstinate and proud Joan, became meek and totally humbled in the presence of God. Following that were streams of tears overflowing like waterfall, these were the tears accumulated after so many months of hardwork, stress and weariness.
No comments:
Post a Comment