Blogging has been introduced in my English for Academic Purpose module - EG1471. So now, im forced to write blog entries assigned by the tutors and with a specific theme. I will provide the link to the EG1471 blog so that you may read it. Do give your comments, but try not to comment on that site cos the tutor is reading it. But you're welcome to comment on this site though. I will still continue to post more light-hearted entries on this blog, albeit not very frequently. As you can see, I'm currently writing in a very formal Anglo-English standard due to my course requirements, and i'm trying very hard to avoid grammatical errors.
I shall share with you my experience writing the first blog entry of EG1471.
Here's the question:
At the opening lecture, you were asked to read Prof Rama...'s article, "The Expanding World of Engineers" where he states that an "engineer's training helps to systematically analyse complex information and apply a hollistic approach in designing solutions", briefly explain how does an engineer does this.
As you can see, this question pertains to the demands of engineers in our current society. This literally means i'm suppose to brag about the uniqueness of engineers. Of course, when i first glanced at the question, my jaw dropped. You're asking someone who is not doing well in her course to explain the benefits of being an engineer when she's not even sure if she's up to it. I wrote the article with my fingers crossed, which means that the "in my opinion.." portion in the last paragraph was obviously a big lie, but nevertheless, I had great fun writting (oops i mean bragging) about engineering.
No comments:
Post a Comment