"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
After living for twenty over years in my life, I havent been able to comprehend what loving oneself and others entails. I realised that am not able to live up to the kind of love that this verse actually speaks of, as I am always expecting something in return or someone to reciprocate. Perhaps if I can look pass beyond just the physical significance of love but delve deeper into the selfless giving (serving) of oneself to the others around, maybe it would touch the lives of people around.
I guess that's what God meant when He wants us to die to ourselves and our wants.
No comments:
Post a Comment